Effective December 31, 2009: New C.E requirements will take effect based on 2 year renewal period conversion based on birth month.
- For Licenses in effect for 13-18 months from December 31 2009: 12 hours of continuing education is required prior to the expiration date in 2011.
- For Licenses in effect for 19-24 months from December 31, 2009: 24 hours of continuing education including three hours of ethics is required to renew license when it expires in 2011 or 2012.
Independent Adjuster and Public Adjuster:
- 12 hours of continuing education is required each license year prior to the expiration date. (CE Compliance Date is Annually on May 31st)
- Adjusters do not need to take the 3-hour ethics and may take courses approved as "property/casualty" to fulfill the CE requirement.
Exams must be monitored by a disinterested third party.
Courses are repeatable every license period. In other words, our past students may take the same course(s) in a different CE cycle.
Excess credit hours may not be carried forward.
Course provider reports course completion credits to the State's Vendor: Sircon.
Resident and nonresident insurance producers may electronically reinstate licenses that have an expiration date less one year from the expiration date by paying a license reinstatement fee of 50% of the license fee in addition to the license renewal fee. The license will be reinstated to the day of the reinstatement. Please note: Appointments are not reactivated when a license is reinstated.
The following groups of lapsed licensees may submit a reinstatement request:
- Life, Accident and Health insurance producer licensees
- Property and Casualty insurance producer licensees
- Independent Adjuster licensees
- Resident individual insurance licensees who have met the continuing education requirements
* To take final exam online
- Exam must be proctored by a disinterested third party
- Proctor must be present during entire length of final exam
- After completing and submitting exam online, a downloadable version of the Affidavit for Test Administrator form must be printed out from the computer which the exam was taken and signed by the proctor.
— Online Final: Fax Your Test Administrator Affidavit and Get Results
in Only 2 Hours!
- After Affidavit has been filled out and signed by proctor, please fax to 619-222-8593
- Upon receipt of the Affidavit, you will be given access to print out the certificate of completion for the course that was succesfully completed.
- Credits for completion of course will be submitted by roster via email to appropriate state insurance department or credit processing firm.